PPIC Statewide Survey: Californians and Their Government
Key findings from the current survey:
- Many Californians are concerned about getting COVID-19 and needing hospitalization, while one in three report job loss due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Governor Newsom’s approval rating is up, though Californians are split on his budget and most oppose tax increases.
- An overwhelming majority of likely voters support expanding vote-by-mail.
- Among Californians, the president’s approval rating is low but stable.
- Trust in the federal government remains low.