Arrests in California
This interactive tool allows you to explore arrests statewide and by county—including the demographics of those arrested, how arrest rates have changed over time, and the most common offenses. Note that various factors can contribute to changes in arrests and differences across counties, including crime rates, demographics, fiscal conditions, jail capacity, law enforcement staffing and policing, and criminal justice reforms.
For more information on arrests in California, see the PPIC report New Insights into California Arrests: Trends, Disparities, and County Differences or contact Magnus Lofstrom, Brandon Martin, or Joseph Hayes.
- A Closer Look at Women’s Arrest Rates
- Just the Facts: Arrests in California
- Just the Facts: Arrests in California’s Counties
- New Insights into California Arrests: Trends Disparities, and County Differences
- Toward Understanding Racial Disparities in Arrests
- Video: New Insights into California Arrests