The Public Policy Institute of California is excited to announce the launch of our redesigned website featuring a number of dynamic new products and tools that make it easier for readers to get the timely, relevant insights they expect from PPIC.
The product line and website redesign is an important step toward one of PPIC’s core strategic goals: increasing the accessibility of our work through innovative modes of communication. We put our audiences first in this redesign effort, gathering input and ideas through a broadly distributed reader survey and in-depth interviews with a variety of stakeholders.
In an information environment that is increasingly digital and interactive, PPIC’s new products and website aim to deepen engagement and expand our reach. We hope you appreciate the website’s remodeled look as well as the ways we’ve made our resources easier to read, engage with, and share. Highlights include:
- A new suite of publications: Our redesigned product line includes refreshed versions of our reports and fact sheets, along with a new policy brief format that highlights key research findings and policy solutions.
- A redesigned statewide survey report. The new PPIC Statewide Survey format takes a highly visual approach, relying on charts to share main takeaways and illustrate Californians’ views on timely issues.
- “Fact cards” that lift up key data points about our state. Featured on our home page and across the website are easy-to-share fact cards highlighting essential information about California’s demographics, economy, and major policy issues.
- Robust, redesigned search. PPIC’s new website uses onsite search—powered by Google and customized for PPIC’s content—so users can more easily obtain information and insights on the topics they care about most.
- A richer picture of PPIC and our values. The new site features a wide range of content on PPIC’s mission and approach, work environment, and staff and leadership diversity—a reflection of PPIC’s commitment to openness and transparency.
This type of redesign doesn’t happen without tremendous effort and a spirit of collaboration. We are grateful to the many PPIC staff and board members who contributed to this project. Also, big thanks to Long Dash, our project consultant, for their creativity, hard work, and overall commitment to excellence.
We hope you’ll take some time to explore our new website—and be sure to keep an eye out for more innovations to come. As always we welcome your input, so please send us any feedback on the redesign and on our advances in distributing and sharing PPIC’s research and insights.